Thursday, January 17, 2013

Penguins, Snow, and going way back to Christmas

We have been so busy these first two weeks back from break. We have been busy doing lots of writing and I have been assessing my little heart out. The end of our grading period was last Friday and report cards go home tomorrow. It is always such a relief to have those done and sent home.  Last week we read Snowmen at Night and completed this little writing prompt: At night I….. The kids wrote about what they do at night and made torn snowmen to display their work. They turned out great and they just love getting to use their white crayon for once. I forgot to take pictures so I will take some and post tomorrow. This week we have also been learning all we can about penguins. We have read many nonfiction books and I purchased Deanna Jumps Penguin unit and have been using it all week. I absolutely love it! We made a  a schema chart and the kids just loved adding new post its to the chart when they learned something new. We will definitely be making these charts again in the future.  I’m a little late in getting this posted but better late then never I guess. This year for our parents Christmas gifts we made hand prints and painted them to look like Santa. They turned out sooo cute and were pretty cheap to make. If it is cheap and cute I’m all about it! Smile Out of 24 I only broke one. I felt so bad but I hot glued it back together and the kid wasn’t too upset. I should be happy that I only broke.
 031

0 comments:

Post a Comment